Sunday, May 20, 2007

Stop the presses, Jimmy!!!

The fix is in!!! Just an update on the Great Garlic Mustard Pull. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning. A sunny day in the mid-seventies at a 600-acre woodland preserve, having worn shorts and a riding jersey to the event and being told that along with an infestation of the invasive species, we would also find that there was no shortage of the native Poison Ivy... hmmm. I'm from Poison Oak country out in California, and I'm as allergic as the best of them, so "Leaves of Three, Let it Be" was little comfort, but I seem to have made it out unafflicted. While we were looking for the mature, seed-bearing stalk of the Garlic Mustard, I was approached by a young lady named Rachel who was gettin' the scoop.

I've got about three wonderfully stinking pounds of garlic sprouts and leaves just waiting to be processed next weekend, and some 'care packages' sent OUT!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Tomorrow, I'm meeting Dr. Vicky Grassian and getting my marching orders for the next ten weeks... in a word... festiggio. No wait, that's not a real word... let's go with anxious. Yeeeeeah, anxious. Film at eleven.