Friday, May 18, 2007

Quick, Granola Boy!!!

To the Hippie-mobile!!! So, I've been in Iowa City for 36 hours now and have found my first (of many) tree hugging activities. The produce place that I go to turned me onto a great coop out here New Pioneer Coop and while I was strolling through what looked like a miniaturized Whole Foods, I found a stand where they had samples of Garlic Mustard. The lady also had flyers that I'd seen out of the corner of my eye during my ramblings yesterday. It was for the Great Garlic Mustard Pull, which is a citywide effort to remove the Garlic Mustard plant from the parks. This plant is apparently an invasive species brought over from Europe in Seventeen Si::cough cough cough:: and at that time it was used for its aromatic properties to align your humors ::shrug:: Aaaanyway, I hope to grab up some of this plant and try to process some of this pesto-like shmear. It's vurry, vurry good and belongs in my belly, not in the prairie.

3 comments:

alicia said...

Hug on Tree Man! Hug on! You know you must bring some of this magic garlic conconction home with you!

Jason said...

I plan to make it next weekend's project to send out some 'care packages'!!!

Booker T said...

Um, garlic? Yes, please!